It’s almost that time of the year again. E3 2017 is coming soon, taking place this year from June 13th to June 15th.
Like normal, I think I’m most excited to see what Bethesda Softworks has to offer at this E3. I personally own Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, so I’ve been a fan of Bethesda Game Studios’ work for quite awhile now. I admittedly haven’t been playing as much video games as of late, but I think there’s nothing better than E3 to get me back in the groove again.
The popular Fallout-centric Youtuber MrMattyPlays (you should check him out if you’ve never heard of him; I’ve been following his channel for two or three years now and it’s top-notch) posted this video analyzing the E3 invites sent out by Bethesda Softworks. The invitation is notable for showing imagery of every game franchise published by Bethesda Softworks as well as two zones which are “under construction” in the picture.
Here’s what I’m expecting from Bethesda at E3:
- information about TES Skyrim coming out for Nintendo Switch
- Quake Champions
- some more Prey release hype
- DOOM DLC?
- Elder Scrolls in some form: either TES VI or an ESO expansion or maybe even a new mobile game
- Fallout will certainly make an appearance somehow. Fallout VR might come back out, but other than that I’m not sure. A new game wouldn’t be out of the question, but it seems unlikely
- this “Starfield” project which has been in the works for some time. With no mention of a new full Fallout or Elder Scrolls game coming out of Bethesda Game Studios, I’m expecting there to be a game reveal at E3 for an entirely new franchise
Whatever happens at E3, I’m sure Bethesda will deliver a good show and keep their fans happy. They seem to be the one video game company which is never upsetting customers very often. Cheers to Bethesda for that. I’ll be making some more posts like this in the future, either as E3 approaches or as a retrospective look after E3 ends.